The aim of the competition is to find the most talented young watchmaking apprentices in the world and to support them in their route to independence.
Who can participate ?
Applicants must be over-18, be watchmaking apprentice or have graduated after August 2016 and be maximum 30 years old.
What needs to be submitted ?
Applicants must have independently designed and constructed a timepiece and/or technical construction.
Submit pictures and videos of the timepiece or technical construction to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include a description, the technical characteristics and dimensions of the timepiece or technical construction.
Assessment criteria and key dates
The winners will be evaluated based on four criteria:
- Highest technical complexity
- Most beautiful design and elaborate finishing
- Most original concept
- Quality of craftsmanship
The key dates
30.09.2017 - Competition launch date
01.12.2017 - Application deadline
11.12.2017 - Selection of the winner by the panel of judges
12.12.2107 - Announcement to the winners
17.01.2018 - Prize awarding of the winners of the Young Talent Competition during the SIHH in Geneva
The winners will be voted by a Jury composed of prestigious individuals from the watchmaking industry.
The winners of the Young Talent Competition will enjoy the following:
- Presentation of their winning timepiece at the Salon de la Haute Horlogerie (SIHH) in Geneva in January 2018
- Receive a grant for CHF 3’000.- from Horotech to invest in watchmaking tools
- Receive a diploma signed by F.P.Journe and the FHH
- Attend a class on horological history with the FHH at the HEAD in Geneva
- Access to the FHH program of watchmaking classification